Jun 7, 2010

MTV Movie Awards

I was going to use last night's MTV Movie Awards as this week's "Music Monday" post, until I realized it was the "Movie" awards and not music. Although, let's be honest, they are essentially the same thing, same people, same event, in fact I'm not sure why they don't just merge the two awards shows together and just name it the "MTV Awards" and then they can award what MTV knows best..."Reality" shows. Regardless, there were a few interesting moments like Sandra Bullocks kiss with Scarlett Johansson and Lindsay Lohan's use of a sequined pantsuit to hide her SCRAM anklet.

So let's start with Lindsay Lohan who looks about 30 years old in this sequined, ombré Pamela Rolland pantsuit. It looks like her legs are about a foot long and her waist is about 4! Not a good look Ms Lohan. I remember when you actually had talent, you should try and go back to those days...

Lindsay's former friends Paris and Nicky Hilton definitely out shined their old pal Firecrotch. Although Nicky's Missoni dress looked effortlessly chic compared to her sister's high-maintenance, feathered Blumarine mini.

Hills "personality" Audrina Patridge dressed for the event in a silver sequined CD Greene Couture tunic dress. She paired the dress with a rather competitive multi-strap, studded and mirror-embellished Giuseppe Zanotti.

Former Hills sidekick and The City star, Whitney Port showed off her California girl style in a Yigal Azrouël mini with contrasting stone netting and yellow appliqués detailing. I love her long blond waves (clearly I'm missing my own) and her crystal embellished Sergio Rossi booties!

Stephanie Pratt is officially a Hills "star," after 3 years, she's finally got her name in the opening credits. Clearly having her own name has been doing great things for her style sense, she looked very event appropriate in an 80s inspired, asymmetrical, black and neon print Leila Shams mini.

Although Lo Bosworth's red Grecian-inspired Diane von Furstenberg dress is not exactly what I'd call "event appropriate," this may be the best she's ever looked!

Vampire Diaries actress and singer Katarina Graham never bores with her fashion choices. I actually quite love her makeup and orange lips, and her ruffled white dress is cute yet edgy, I'm just not sure I'd pair it with those heavy boots... then again I wouldn't wear clowns on my neck either. Yeah, I said "clowns," that's just a whole new level of creepy!

I think Vanessa Hudgens chiffon Jenny Packham babydoll dress is cute, flirty, and girly, and it's something I would probably wear myself one day when I was feeling cute and girly, but it's also so....predictable. I mean, hasn't she worn this dress everywhere?

I really have no idea who Miranda Cosgrove is, except that she's on some teen show, probably Disney related, so if it weren't for her red, v-neck Versus dress I wouldn't even have typed her name. So good choice.

Lucy Hale reminds me the little girl above, only like her slightly older, more popular sister; which may be related to the character I've seen her play, and it appears she'll essentially be the same girl in her upcoming book-to-tv-series show Pretty Little Liars. Clearly she's been typecast because of her face! Poor thing! Also her "little sister" has outdone her navy and beige Touy dress.

2 comments:

  1. I love Nicky Hilton's dress, Whitney's, and Stephanie Pratt's. They are not only age-appropriate (hello Lindsay Lohan!) but appropriate for an MTV production.

    Veka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea agreed, my favourite is Nicky Hilton's tho... I absolutely love it! Stephanie's is great and something I would wear (unlike Whitney's- it just wouldn't look good on me), I just found her shoes so f-ing boring!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails