Jun 10, 2010

2010 CFDA Fashion Awards

The Council of Fashion Design of America, aka the CFDA held their 2010 Fashion Awards this earlier this week at Alice Tully All at Lincoln Center, and of course it brought out many fashion enthusiasts.

Starting with the one woman who really Wow'ed me most, Jessica Biel. She actually stunned me with how good she looks, I really love her tropical print Diane von Furstenberg beaded dress. It felt very... Miami yet sophisticated, and the shoes were a perfect match, and the nude clutch didn't compete with the dresses busy print. Top it all off, she looks stunning.

Sarah Jessica Parker continues her fashion memorial to her departed friend, in this beautiful purple and pink printed Alexander McQueen gown. The dress is great, as is her makeup, I just wish she had put a little extra effort into her hair; keeping it back is a good idea, but it's a little too "Apr├Ęs gym."

I'm not denying that Whitney Port is a lovely girl, but she stunned me with how incredible she looked at the CFDA Fashion Awards in her custom made silver jersey David Meister halter gown.

From the Upper East Side to the Upper East Side, Michelle Trachtenberg showed up in one of my favourite colours in a sweetheart neckline Rebecca Taylor gown. I think she looks good, and yet I'm not sure how I feel about the length or even the sequined embellishments. Am I wrong in wanting this to be a couple inches longer?

Speaking of things getting longer...Just kidding, I actually quite like this blouse and skirt ensemble that Maggie Grace donned for the Awards. Although the blouse reminds me of something Jennifer Lopez would wear...as a dress.

I'm not sure if it's just the way Kate Mara is standing or if it's the sleeves of her belted Brian Atwood mini that is making Kate look like an awkward linebacker, but needless to say, it's not a good look.
Jessica Stam is not only one of my favourite Canadian models, but one of my favourite new models in general, but she looks incredibly bored, and truth be told, I can see why. She appears to be wearing a sheer black sarong over an LBD, and decided the only way to bring intrigue to her outfit was to grab the tangled mess of necklaces out of her jewelry drawer, and leave as is. Nice move Stam.

Rachel Weisz your Jason Wu, although a pretty violet with great tailoring, bores me. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails