May 25, 2010

Sex and The City 2 Premiere Fashion

Last night the premiere for the sequel of Sex and the City franchise happened in New York City; and the ladies of the film did not disappoint! My number 1 pick of the night wasn't much of a shock,

Sarah Jessica Parker looked every bit the movie star and fashion icon in this electric fluorescent yellow, asymmetrical chiffon Valentino gown. She was fashion queen of the event for me, that chandelier in the background thinks so too as it acts as her crown. To be quite honest I'm surprised she didn't wear Halston Heritage. Surprised and thankful! I'm also thankful that SJP manages to distinguish her fashion choices from Carrie Bradshaw's, although she often blurs those lines, this is SJP showing her sexy side, even her silver satin Ferragamo double platform pumps emphasize her attempting an identity separation.

My super duper (yup, I'm 13, for those curious) close second is Kristin Davis is this spectacular 1950s neon pink, silk chiffon Vintage Jean Desses column gown. The gathering and draped detail at the waist are exactly what I imagine 1950s glamazon's like Marilyn Monroe wearing to a movie premiere. And yet it looks new and fresh and very much something I would love to wear...just about anywhere in the millennium. She looks amazing, I want!

Also pulling out some old Hollywood glamour and in her typical showstopping style, Kim Cattrall wore a gold, sunflower embroidered v-neck Naeem Khan gown, and looked as sexy as she did her first episode of SATC.

My least favourite look of all four ladies was Cynthia Nixon's black Carolina Herrera gown with silver crystal leaf detailing on the bust. For whatever reason I really expected her to look simple and elegantly chic, but this is just a bit too drab compared to the other three. Her hair looks great however.

Before I can I even consider ending this post or talking about any of the premiere's attendees I have to show the SATC ladies after party style. Sarah Jessica Parker is once again my favourite in the after-party category, based on her shoe choice alone! I am deeply in love with her black and turquoise "Kasia" Nicholas Kirkwood platform sandals! I love unexpected colours in shoes, especially paired with black or other simple monochromatic shades. Unlike her sexy Versace above, I do find she channeled a little Carrie with her long-sleeved, black lace Elie Saab.

Kristin Davis was the only other "Sex Lady" to change out of her red carpet dress. And although I think her sequined vintage Pierre Balmain Couture dress is an excellent party choice, her Desses gown was so amazing I couldn't imagine taking it off! I find it odd that the two who I considered best dressed for the event were the only two who changed for the after-party, but with that said and my above hesitations, both did it with great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails