May 10, 2010

Music Monday: New Katy Perry

So according to Katy Perry "Summer starts now!" But I'm not convinced. I'm not really much of a fan of her new track "California Gurls" that she debut this past Friday, featuring Snoop Dogg, yet... It's growing on me. Maybe if it were warmer over here on the East Coast, I'd be more apt to enjoy it, but as the weather stands, I'm just bitter(ly cold). I am enjoy her new track "E.T. (Futuristic Lover)" that 2Dopeboyz let loose yesterday, however. It's over-synthesized and catchy, similar to "California Gurls," but it sounds like once-lesbian Russian duo T.A.T.U. Which seems rather fitting, since they got their Western notoriety from claiming to be lesbian school girls, and Katy got hers by kissing a girl, and liking it. Another similarity T.A.T.U. were chosen as the face of Marc Jacobs (in Russia) and Katy Perry won the coveted first place spot in Maxim's Top 100.

Of course I'll let you decide for yourself which one your prefer, download links courtesy of 2Dopeboyz, enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails