May 31, 2010

Getting Fit: Summer Countdown

This past week saw a complete absence of me in the gym. And for the record, it sucked. Not simply because I enjoy myself in the gym, it's a great stress release, and I'm in the process of attempting to attain some fitness goals; mostly because thanks to some injury I curiously incurred due to an accident last summer, my back is weak and more prone to pain. I've definitely been getting better, but according to the insurance company, not fast enough! Since they've denied my Doctor's most recent submission for my next session. Needless to say, I'm annoyed (at them and my inability to make it into the gym) and I find it ironic that the week I get the notice of their disapproval, my back makes it uncomfortable for me to do much. Clearly I am not better! I will add, however, that I did do 25 minute sessions of yoga everyday, which filled the smallest portion of my gym void, and actually really helped prevent my back pain and immobility from getting worse.

After all that negativity, let's take a stab at something positive.... After a week's absence, I made it to the gym today! Granted I only did one set of each circuit, instead of two, and I had to modify a couple exercises, even avoid one or two altogether, but it's a start. And it's a start of a new plan. Well, a new old plan. I was quite happy with my results last time, so I'm bringing back Jillian Michaels' Making the Cut. Let the summer countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails