May 8, 2010

Fitness Friday: Health Rules 2

Before I start with Fitness Friday, may I please express how disappointed I am that this new job, with its intense and consuming training has prevented me from not only publishing another Alice post (which is practically done, just needs a few finishing touches), but it's also kept me from the Met Gala Ball all week! Which is my favourite time of year! When fashion rules often get thrown out the window, and people take more risks, and have fun with fashion! I have all the photos (courtesy of WireImage and the Fug Girls: courtesy of WireImage!), but I just haven't had the time to sort through them, and upload them and write down my thoughts beyond a quick assessment, like "amazing...or.. horrible...or...boring...or...why must you always show so much leg!...." Argh! Anyway, now that that rant is out of the way, it's my second installment of Fitness Friday's Health Rules, last week's was my favourite, and definitely important, this week I'm keeping it just as simple, but definitely note-worthy:

2. Write down everything you eat.
I know it's something said all the time, but there's a reason for that: we often start to slide when we're no longer accountable for what we're in taking. Writing everything you put in your mouth helps you keep stock of your calories and nutrients so you see where you've had too much or where you're lacking. Plus it stops you from fooling yourself, since there's no such thing as a bite that "doesn't count." Your body does not decipher between the cookie you wrote down or the cookie you didn't, it still sees it as a 200 calories, so you may as well be aware of them.

3. Focus on what you can and should eat, not on what you can't.
There's no reason you should feel deprived, or like you're doing something wrong if you do have said cookie, but when you focus on all the things you should be getting in your diet, like fruits, vegetables, protein, whole grains, by the time you get around to those extras your full off the good stuff. I try to remember this one all the time when I'm creating a meal, I try to squeeze as many vegetables as I can, and focus heavily on veggies and protein, since fruit and fat get eaten naturally without extra though. Thanks especially to my peanut butter fondness (fat), which tastes superb with an apple or banana! Or when I want to be really "good" some celery stalks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails