May 16, 2010

Costume Institute Gala: Model Behaviour

The Met Ball is one of the few places that the models may out number the actors. It makes sense, since the red carpet of the Costume Institute Gala is essentially one giant eclectic runway, so the models fit right in. Plus they show you how the clothes are supposed to fit...if you're a size 2 and 5'10."

Victoria Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio is the epitome of why I have a love\hate relationship with models, she gave birth a mere 8 months ago! I realize she's a naturally tiny woman, but come on, there could at least be something out of place! At least I only like one side of her cut out Versace dress. The other side (that you don't see) looks like she's wearing a fancy toga over a sparkly bra.

One of my favourite new Canadian models, Jessica Stam was also one of my favourites of the evening, and not just within the model category. I thought she looked uber chic in this slinky, plum Rachel Roy gown with plunging neckline, paired with that long gold chain pendant. She has this blond Natasha, from Rocky & Bullwinkle thing going for her, and I love it.

I really liked how Karolina Kurkova accessorized her white Altuzarra dress by matching her shoes with the gold chest plate on the bodice.

Coco Rocha looked like a beautiful (Canadian) mermaid coming out of the water in her marine-coloured Spring 2008 Zac Posen gown. The train even resembled rippling waves as she glides up the stairs.

Another one of Zac Posen's models was Doutzen Kroes, only she was going for more of a Cinderella look instead of the Little Mermaid.

I actually really liked Gisele Bundchen's motorcycle babe, Alexander Wang dress, even with the fringe. Perhaps, I'd feel differently if she had done anything else with her hair, but that high, tight severe ponytail was the perfect compliment. Also noteworthy, she gave birth only 5 months ago.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is not a model whose name I knew before she wore this custom made nude tulle, ruched ribbon Burberry belted gown.

Since I hate jumpsuits (they're not flattering on anyone who isn't a model), let alone a gold lame Michael Kors jumpsuit; but this photo was pure gold (yeah, that pun was intended) thanks to Chanel Iman's Micheal Kors wearing "sister" Natasha Poly's disgusted face in the background. That was the exact same facial expression I wore when I saw this outfit too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails