Apr 12, 2010

Music Mondays: Christina Aguilera "Not Myself Tonight"

Christina Aguilera's new single "Not Myself Tonight" had its world premiere on March 30th, and it will now be available for purchase from all digital service providers tomorrow, April 13th. Of course I'm not going to make you wait those 12-24 hours to own a digital copy of it yourself, you can download the Polow Da Don produced track here, courtesy of 2Dopeboyz.com

Ever since Christina fell in love and got married and became a mom, I've grown to appreciate her music more and more. I hated Genie in a Bottle. Hated it. I hated it even more, that my mother continued to sing it and play it, I couldn't stand the melody, the singing, the choreography of the video, none of it. True, I was not really a pop music fan, but beyond that, I could not stand the girl singing. I wouldn't deny she had vocal talent, but there was nothing about her that appealed to me; then she got Dirrty in 2002, and it was a great song to dance to in a club, and she became more entertaining as a person, thanks mostly to her wearing chaps. Then she came out of nowhere with Back to Basics (2006), with a throwback jazz style that really appealed to me. In short, I'm actually looking forward to Bionic (which drops June 8th), I guess my MySpace profile song is right, she just Keeps Gettin' Better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails