Apr 26, 2010

Music Monday: Sex and the City 2 Soundtrack

I haven't been as excited about seeing Sex and the City 2 until I saw a trailer for it last night before our viewing of Date Night (which incidentally was hilarious), there were a few additional scenes that I haven't seen on the TV trailers yet which finally made me decide a sequel wasn't a bad idea. It looks good, and even though I would have gone to see it no matter what, now I actually want to, and I'm really looking forward to it.

So with these new feelings as inspiration, I've decided to share the details of the movie's soundtrack playlist. It's full of covers, classics and a few original songs Even the movie's stars, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristen Davis and Cynthia Nixon, are featured covering Helen Reddy's "I am Woman." Other covers include Alicia Keys' cover of Blondie's 1981 hit "Rapture" (also known as the first song to introduce rapping to the mainstream), which is a mash-up with the Sex and the City theme song. I really can't wait to hear, since it's been described to go together as well as "a frosty cosmo and a pair of Manolo Blahniks," and I'd take either of those at this moment. And really, who could deny anything Blondie? Also featured is Liza Minnelli covering Beyoncé's "Single Ladies," which should be hilarious and over-the-top, much like both of the mentioned songstresses, as well as Cole Porter's jazz standard "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye."

Jennifer Hudson returns to the SATC franchise, but thankfully not as Carrie Bradshaw's assistant. That character was the worst thing about the original film, so incredibly lame, there is not a nice thing I can say about J-Huds acting, or her role in that film, although it's not all her fault, somebody else wrote that part thinking it was a good idea and a good way to pull some story lines together. They were wrong, but I digress. She's featured on the soundtrack singing an original song written for the flick called "Love is Your Color," a duet recorded with fellow reality show songstress, Leona Lewis .

Out of all the above though, I am most interested to hear what Dido and Cee Lo have to offer to the soundtrack, it's been so long since I've heard anything Dido related, and I've always been a Cee Lo fan from Goodie Mob to his solo work, to the innovative Gnarls Barkley! The soundtrack will be released two days before the flick premieres on May 25, but I'm sure it'll leak earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails