Mar 7, 2010

Countdown to the Oscar's!

As I sit here anticipating the Oscar's Red Carpet to commence (while watching a broadcast of the Brit Awards on Much Music), I realized that when there are Oscar's, there are Oscar parties, both post and pre! I searched Wire Image, and came across the Chanel And Charles Finch Pre-Oscar Party Celebrating Fashion And Film at Madeo Restaurant last night. Also if I get a chance between my bathing Bear (my dog child) and my Oscar countdown, I may have to cover the Spirit Awards, because there are some definite fashion jems, one of which being worn by girl crush Olivia Wilde- She rarely disappoints.

Here she is arriving at the Chanel and Charles Finch Pre-Oscar party, wearing one of my favourite dress trends wearable disco balls, with a shiny satin trench.

Another Girl Crush, Camilla Belle looks consistently crush worthy in a tweed sleeveless mini with embellished trim from Chanel’s Spring 2010 collection. She paired it with a pair of a keyhole toe Sergio Rossi shoe with an intricate gold heel.

Celebrity stylist, reality star, and anorexia spokesperson Rachel Zoe, resembled an Olsen twin in a black satin gown, statement necklace, and oversized feathered bolero.

Robin Wright (no longer Penn) looked nice in a cap sleeved, waist-defining, knee length dress with strappy sandals.

I'm not a pixie cut fan, but Big Love's Ginnifer Goodwin is definitely making this work for her!

If Perrey Reeves had this shortened or lengthened, it would have looked much better. That length paired with those black ankle straps do her legs no favours.

I'm slowly becoming a fan of Lily Collins, if only for her thick eyebrows. Kidding (sort of)! I really came to like her character in The Blind Side, and she looks superb here in all black with a statement chain necklace offsetting the look.

Inglorius Basterds producer Lawrence Bender, arrived with his date wearing a strapless, feathered dress designed by Sue Wong, I believe. If this is Sue Wong, I wanted the white version as one of my Vegas wedding dress options. I'm not engaged, but I've recently discovered an appreciation for wedding style.
Emma Roberts breaks the sea of black and looks miserable doing it! Crack a smile, it's what your pedigree is famous for.

Like Olivia Wilde, Rose McGowan also shimmered in a cleavage mini. The perfect party dress!

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Diane Kruger's circular designed Chanel Fall 2009 frock, but I love her nude Jimmy Choo "Nina" shoes! Also the shine of her multi-coloured sequined dress pairs well with her the shine of her polished hair.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails