Mar 9, 2010

Alexander McQueen's Final Collection

This morning in Paris the last collection designed by the late Alexander McQueen was revealed in a beautiful gilded salon belonging to Francois Pinault. Each of the sixteen regal looks were observed by teary-eyed spectators as the models walked slowly to operatic music. Retailers will be invited to purchase a showroom collection consisting of 160 pieces by the end of the week. It's really quite sad that such an artistic and sometimes misunderstood talent is no longer. I really believe his last collection is his magnum opus, it's just a shame he didn't chose to hang around to see it being savoured. It's time for us all to slip on our McQ jeans and celebrate this enfant terribles' talents.
















Absolutely beautiful and stunning, I had read that his inspirations ranged from Byzantine art, Old Masters paintings and the sculptures of Gringling Gibbons. Naturally each look inspires a multitude of fashion emotions, and I thought of embellishing and sharing those, but I decided I'd allow everyone to develop opinions of their own; treat as we would any other piece of art, where it evokes just as many interpretations as there are viewers.

"Each piece is unique, as was he."

5 comments:

  1. i still refuse to believe that there are people out there that actualy wear this stuff! haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, you'd be amazed at how wearable a lot of those are.
    Naturally the last five or so need an event to take out for a spin, whereas the others could really be interpreted into everyday wear... It's just about how its styled.
    Not to say that someone wouldn't stand out-- This look like something a queen would wear, if we still kept that opulent, (yet somewhat stuffy) sense of style from the middle ages-- with a modern spin of course.
    You put any of these on and would feel like a queen. McQueen- if you will ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i see someone wearing one of these today (when i get some animal style haha) im putting 1000 on red. just because.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well give a good couple grand to shop, and Ill wear any one of these... Except for Look #7 (the gold pantsuit). I don't do pants (for the most part), and I'm not sure how I feel about the jacket. Altho I completely appreciate the fabric.

    And thanks for the In N Out reference-- Now I want some fries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps. I meant to say in my first reply that it looks like something "Royalty would wear"
    Didn't mean to repeat the word "queen" twice-- If only I could edit my comments, I would have.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails