Mar 8, 2010

2010 Oscar Fashion Honourable Mention

The following should truly be within my "Favourite" list, if only one thing were different, or if the first five hadn't won me over just a smidgen more.

I truly loved Miley Cyrus's custom made silk and tulle champagne Jenny Packham bustier gown, if only it were on someone older, or in a size larger. She didn't carry it very well, it seemed, with her hunched shoulders, and from afar she resembled Tammy Faye Baker with all that dark makeup. Beautiful dress, on someone else... like me!

Actress in a Leading Role Nominee Meryl Streep looked confident and chic in a white Chris March (From Project Runway fame) gown. The structured shoulders which lead to slight draping below the bust and at the waist, were incredibly flattering.

I'm not entire sure why Nicole Richie was at the awards last night, but I thought her Reem Acra gown was the perfect choice to glam up this usual bohemian styled...celebrity. It was a perfect combination of 70s inspiration in a beautiful modern package.

Mariska Hargitay's strapless navy Vera Wang gown is beautiful, both simple and intricate, if only she had tried it on in the a different colour, perhaps a brighter shade of blue, which was one of the trends of the evening. This is beautiful, but just too dark for my palette this time around.

The same goes for presenter Kristen Stewart. Her strapless midnight blue, silk and satin organza Monique Lhuillier gown is beautiful and looks great on her, in fact this is the best I think I've ever seen her at an event, even if she's still such an awkward speaker, but I really would have preferred something brighter or richer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails