Jan 31, 2010

Parties and Things: Golden Globes After Parties

In anticipation for the Grammy's to begin (Woo Hoo!) I thought I'd throw a spot light on some of this awards season's after-party fashion. The major focus being the Golden Globes; Yes, I surprisingly still have more to say about the Golden Globes!

The most shocking of the evening's festivities was Lindsay Lohan, and not due to her usual antics. LiLo appeared at the Warner Bros Golden Globes after-party at the Beverly Hilton in a sparkly silver, hooded Brian Lichtenberg mini, paired with Fendi mary-janes. She looked shockingly good! Reminded me of Kylie Minogue's "Can't Get You Outta My Head" video, purely due to the hood of course. Take it in people, she looks good, healthy, covered, not orange, it is impressive!

Michelle Rodriguez is another actress who surprised me with her ensemble. I normally expect something a little more rough-tough tomboy from her (typecasting perhaps?), but she looks so pretty in a one shoulder dress, the colour looks great on her, so great that I've overlooked the hair.

As pretty as Odette Yustman is (in Paule Ka), she looks as if she couldn't make a final decision on her party attire and wrapped her LBD with a white table cloth.

Vanessa Hudgens showed up at InStyle and Warner Bros after-party in her usual leg-baring uniform. Honestly, I'd love to mock her affinity for little girls dresses, but I can't help but like her grey, jeweled, tulle Alberta Ferretti dress, I suppose she's still youthful enough to pull this off.

According to Google, Victoria Justice here is a Disney actress, but I won't hold that against her, since I highly approve of her BCBG dress, très cute.

I may not understand why Kayla Ewell keeps getting invited to events, considering I know of nothing she is part of, now that Vampire Diaries killed her, but so far I'm happy she keeps showing up. Her party dress was lovely, her hair...was not.

I am so close to being a fan of Katherine McPhee's garbage bag dress, if only she didn't have anchor woman hair. Blonde is not a good look for you, my dear. I'm just saying.

90210's Jessica Lowndes is clearly trying to bring the drama to her weekly, Dynasty style.

Jessica's co-star, AnnaLynne McCord also brings the drama by getting groped by her dress. Regardless of the Grecian Lloyd Klein gown's aggressiveness, I still love it and would have enjoyed seeing someone wear it on the red carpet.

Dexter's sister, and Micheal C. Hall's wife, may have avoided the red carpet, but she still managed to show off her the pleated satin bodice and chiffon train of her strapless burgundy Basil Soda Fall 2009 Couture gown at the Warner Bros. and InStyle Golden Globe After Party.

Canadian Emmanuelle Chriqui looked like a bronzed goddess in a belted tangerine maxi dress. It's simple, lovely, and I want it.

Camilla Bell(e)a looked just that in an origami pleated, floral print Armani Privé teal beaded cocktail dress.

Ashley Olsen reminded me of an haute couture Minnie Mouse in a blue satin Erdem Fall 2009 mini. I'm not fond of the dress, but could imagine those Manolo Blahnik Hangisi pumps on my feet.

I always comment on Alexis' age, the fact that she looks like a 16 year old girl, but is in reality 20-something; and the pros of looking so young, but the cons of having a little girls body-- Guess she's trying to show me, by dressing like a 50 year old.

Amanda Righetti showed off her swanky event party style, in one of my favourite 2 piece ensembles. I want that jeweled encrusted tube top!

My favourite party look of the evening goes to Amanda Seyfried, at the HBO’s Post Golden Globe Awards Party. This black and beige printed Valentino is feminine with a large chunk of daring Rock n Roll. Throw in her peep-toe Valentino booties, and I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails