Jan 25, 2010

2010 SAG Award's Trends

Just as last year's SAG Awards, the noticeable trend on the red carpet, was white. Clearly all the stars in Hollywood are longing for encounters with the snow, or perhaps white is the perfect transition shade from winter to spring. The gowns range from short to long, feathers to jersey and for the most part, they were superb, like a white beacon guiding the fashion ship wrecked.

Jennifer Carpenter wore a Paule Ka Fall 2009 long sleeve mini dress, that you wouldn't normally expect to see at such a red-carpet event. Paired with those heavy black platform pumps and Micheal C. Hall (even though he actually looks as if he's battling cancer), I can't help but approve!

I love this one-shoulder Elie Saab cocktail dress worn by Marion Cottilard. The embellished floral applique detail at the hem, reminds me of a lilac mini Diane Kruger wore that I was going to include in my faves of 09. Now I wish I had.

Another one of my favourite dresses of the evening, is this white strapless Vera Wang, worn by Kyra Sedgwick. This is similar to the Vera Wang gown America Ferrera wore to the 2009 SAG Awards, and yet I really didn't fancy hers, due largely to the colour. Although the grey sash helps it not look too bridal, it could very easily fall under my "dream wedding gown" list.


30 Rock actress, Katrina Bowden took a turn down Unpredictable Lane, and wore a feathered Tadashi Shoji mini, and I applaud her! She's young and this is both fun and fashion forward (looks like I'm trading in my silver sparkle for feathers this year!)

Kate Hudson wore a long sleeve white jersey Emilio Pucci dress, with crystal embellishments that directed you to an open back. Although I'd like to complain and ask Ms. Hudson to step away from the white dresses (do you think she's sending a hint to someone?), there's no denying this is amazing!

And Dianna Agron steps up her fashion game yet again, and throws a little old Hollywood glamour in our face with a white Edition by Georges Chakra Spring 2010 gown. I would never expect to see this on her, and needless to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. The towel dispenser could have stayed in the ladies room, but she still manages to make it work.

Paula Patton is so lovely, but perhaps she should have opted for her strapless layered organza and tulle J.Mendel Resort 2010 gown, in another colour other than ivory. Or even avoided organza and tulle all together, and instead went with a gown that hugged her pregnant belly in lieu of volumizing it, yet seeming as if she was trying to hide it. Plus I find the bow-like pleats at the bust juvenile- and not in a way I would usually embrace. Oh let's face it, I think it looks horrible on her, but I'm just trying to be nice because she's pregnant. There, I said it!

My least favourite gown within this colour scheme trend was a platinum silk & satin one-shoulder Alberta Ferretti gown worn by Jane Krakowski. Besides it being unflattering and giving her the shoulders of a defensive lineman, it's failed attempt at recreating a Marilyn Monroe moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails