Jun 1, 2009

2009 MTV Movie Awards

I didn't have much of a chance to watch the MTV Movie Awards last night, since I was trying to research Max Weber and Emile Durkheim's take on modernity (for a term paper for my sister), but the parts I did catch during my MANY lengthy breaks taught me there are really only two things from last night's show that need discussion; Eminem's teabaggage by Bruno, and Megan Fox's hair!


There's been a lot of debate over whether or not this was planned, I myself am not 100% sure, since Eminem does indeed looked rightfully disturbed. But with that said, I'm not sure that even Sasha Baron Cohen himself is that dedicated to portraying one of his many characters that he'd risk his head (pun 100% intended) being lowered into a pit of rappers and yes-men without their consent. You can join in the discussion over at 2Dopeboyz and hear what everyone else has to say, all I know is that if MTV had pulled something like this on me (if they knew who I was, and I actually got invited) without my consent, they'd be receiving calls from my lawyers in the morning (if I had a team of lawyers that is).

Moving onto something equally disturbing from last night's show,

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?! Do you not own a mirror? Ok maybe you don 't, you're Megan Fox, everything looks good on you...except this hair! Why would you let ANYONE do this to you! Again, you're Megan Fox, you're normally very very attractive, the most common used word to describe you is "Hot." Only with this hair, you are not hot, even bordering on unattractive. You are not pulling off the Robert Palmer Addicted to Love sexy backup band look! Instead you're pulling off the Robert Pattinson Twilight press tour look. And that my normally smoldering friend, is NOT a good look.

And here's the worst part, I really liked your black and gold strapless Dolce & Gabbana brocade cocktail dress. Even with the stripper inspired shoes, mostly because I would expect nothing less from you. It resembles a reincarnation of Beyoncé's Oscar dress and is encouraging some inspiring thoughts; no matter how grim something appears, there could always be a silver (or in this case gold) lining.

2 comments:

  1. Bruno's landing was perfect -- right on target

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the tech ppl did a great job! But are you trying to imply that you would enjoy that sort of landing?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails