May 20, 2009

American Idol Finale

I'm watching the much anticipated (at least in this family) season finale of American Idol, and regardless of who wins (I think it can go either way) it's already been a great show. With performance by Black Eyed Peas, Carrie Underwood, Jason Mraz, Keith Urban, Queen Latifah, Cyndi Lauper (who I saw live when I was... five or younger!) and Idol judge Kara DioGuardi showed up Katrina "Bikini Girl" Darrell. Not only in their unmatched performance of Mariah Carey's fame-making Vision of Love, but Kara even ended her performance in a bikini! Well done Kara, and while I found you were far too catty to the aspiring fame-whore, I approve of your on-stage antics. And while we're on the topic of Ms Bikini Girl, why on earth did she have to go out and get implants?!?! I thought she had a such a cute little body prior, real tits and all; although if it weren't for those new additions to her chest Ryan Seacrest wouldn't have the chance to make this comment, 
"I'd ask you whats new, but I already know."
There's only 50 minutes left before the Season 8 American Idol is crowned, and I think Kris is going to take it, my mother wants Adam too; for me, it's irrelevant. I have no preference who wins at this point, I was a Megan fan (Okay and a Kris and Adam fan, and Allison and Micheal), but as I was saying, either way both finalists will probably have a career Idol title or not. They're two very different performers, both are extremely talented and deserving.

Edited to add: Adam performed with Kiss, what an SUPERB pair-up! Theatrical meet theatrics!
Edit Number 2: Michael Sarver sounded soooo good during the guys group performance opening for Rod Stewart! Truth be told so did Danny (who sounded very much like Rod) and Anoop and the rest of the guys. In fact the dudes sounded much better than the girls opening group performance of Glamorous for Fergie followed by the Black Eyed Peas. If there were any questions about why the final two or even final three were all guys, we now know the answer. With the exception of Allison, Megan and Alexis, they're just better.

Oh and my mother FINALLY got her Idol wish, Adam is performing Queen, with Brian May at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails