Apr 13, 2009

2009 Academy of Country Music Awards

This was my last week in sin city, and I am now sitting on a Jet plane (a WestJet plane).. unfortunately. I will fully admit this departure was filled with numerous contemplations, tears, and an abundance of emotional stress. Long distance relationships (LDRs) are not easy, especially when you left your comfort blanket (my baby Bear) behind. Anyway, this confession serves as my excuse for neglecting TMP and for being a week behind on covering the half-watched ACM (Academy of Country Music) Awards. Clearly I had an idea Id be MIA this week, and attempted to make a country-related post via Taylor Swift gushings, but one dress rarely fills the void of numerous dresses.

Admittedly I did not realize that I was going to be MIA for two weeks and counting! You swear I was a busy girl, which could not be further from the truth, I am in fact, not busy enough. Perhaps that's my downfall.. I have too much time on my hands, thus procrastinate thinking, "I can do it later, since I have all the free time in the world." But later never comes. I'm trying to stop my dwelling habits, so let's move on, 

To Jennifer Love Hewitt looking heavenly (the only description ever used for people wearing white) in Robert Rodriguez with her co-working rebound Jamie Kennedy blending in. And although those shoes are kind of ridiculous, he obviously [helped] dress himself. I'm a bit biased though, as this is something I could almost see Mr. Vegas wear to an event (perhaps the BET Awards?). Rebounding onto possible adulterer,

Leann Rimes looking more fashionable than Id expect from her in a geometric LBD and Jimmy Choo gladiator sandals. Clearly having an alleged (publicity stunted) affair with Baywatch Nights Eddie Cibrian worked in her favour. Allow me to get nostalgic over that fabulous ring! It reminds me of this gaudy snake bracelet with chained ring I used to wear when I was younger, that I absolutely adored! Clearly, this is less tacky (by not being tacky at all), and I should own it, even if only as a homage to my 12 year old self. 

Martina McBride was lovely (aren't you happy I didn't say "heavenly") in a flowing white Badgley Mischka maxi-dress, embellished with embroidered turquoise beads and jewels on her shoulder. A dress I am quite convinced I should own.

I'm not sure why it shocks me that Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles has such a sleek physique, perhaps because I find her so very "down home cooking" (whatever that description means to you), but upon seeing her in this Gucci dress I kept doing double-takes. It's unexpected to find a body like that beneath such a down-to-earth and friendly persona. Well Done Jennie (yup, I've nicknamed her).

Speaking of friendly persona's, is there a cuter personality that Julianne Hough on Dancing with the Stars? I think not! And her admission that she ripped the back of her beaded Zuhair Murad gown while accepting her award for Top New Artist only added to her charm.

Fellow Zuhair Murad clad Kellie Pickler looks ornate, and would only resemble a mermaid more if her hair was covered in seaweed. With that said, I think she looks good, great even, not many could pull this dress off and more than likely would over-do it with their make-up, another Well Done.

It's no secret I adore Taylor Swift and this photo just adds to it. She looks STUNNING in Angel Sanchez, and her bold lip was a perfect compliment.
 
Being a Victoria Secret model, I'm sure it's hard finding a dress that looks good on her, but Marisa Miller accomplished that daunting task in Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2009 corset gown. Now that's talent. On a side note Marisa Miller has often served as my blondespiration, and many pictures of her have accompanied me to my stylist in attempts to capture her perfectly highlighted California girl hair. 

2 comments:

  1. That pink sponser board is a fucking terrible idea, draws the eye way too much.


    Does make me want to visit MGM though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like the pink backdrop-- because it is indeed eye-catching, and really pretty! Ha.
    But it's true it has the ability to compete with a boring outfit.
    What I dont like however, is the pink sponsor board with the blood orange carpet?!?!?! Why on earth would those two be paired together, someone, answer me please!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails