Mar 9, 2009

Spine to Spine: The Alchemist

My February book choice came a little late, but thanks to my cousin loaning me a pile of her books I finally found my book of choice almost 3 weeks into the month! Fortunately, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho was not only an easy read, but it was also an inspiring one. 

Which, frankly was exactly what I needed during this time in my life; something that not only offered hope that better days are within reach, but also encourages chasing your dreams. I've had a lot of thoughts (and possible regret) that I have never fully given my dreams a chance, which essentially means I've never given myself a chance to truly be happy. I love the idea The Alchemist is based on of following your "personal legend," and "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." It sort of helps make sense of all that I've experienced in my past (similar to adage "everything happens for a reason") and encourages me to follow my heart (or omens); but most importantly it stimulates hope, that was almost lost, that my dreams may still be available to me, and perhaps the reason I hadn't reached them earlier is due to something greater- perhaps I wouldn't have to be able to hold on to them once grasped? I'm not sure, but The Alchemist definitely inspired positive thinking, which I greatly needed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails