Feb 7, 2009

January's Best Awards Fashion Finale

I'm sitting here watching the Live from the Red Carpet for the Grammy's on E! getting a chance to catch some of the outfits early. Taylor Swift is adorable, Miley Cyrus continues to dress like a 34 year old, Cyndi Lauper's hair looks a bit too crazy, Paula Abdul is as kooky as ever, and I continue to dislike Jordin Sparks- ever since she referred to people who are not celibate as sluts at the MTV Movie awards, her dress looks really interesting from the waist up, but its too long, especially for something in a paisley-esque pattern. I think I like Carrie Underwood's dress but I was on the phone so I couldn't focus much; Katy Perry's dress was delectably her, candy pink with a great deal of Marilyn Monroe's Gentleman Prefer Blondes inspiration; and my god Nikki Cox is orange! Anyway, let's finish January Awards gowns, starting with the queen of sorbets, 

Eva Longaria-Parker in a flowy, tangerine Jenny Packham gown. I'm almost a fan of this, although the detailing at the waist is a little too high, cutting Eva's torso too short. Also, this may just be me, but is her dress not highly similar to my fave-Barbie, Peaches & Cream- as can be seen as my profile picture? I think so! Keeping with the colours of the rainbow, 

It would be a crime if I didn't mention Viola Davis in this vibrant yellow, one-shoulder David Meister evening gown. I had no idea who she was (since I have yet to see Doubt), but when I saw her sitting next to Maryl Streep I was impressed with every aspect of her choice; the fit, the colour, the cut, how it complimented her skin, her collarbone and shoulders. Another colourful asymmetrical choice, 

House's Lisa Edelstein's Reem Acra gown should be in my closet. I could do without the shoulder scarf hanging in the back, but I love the shoulder jewels, and although that colour could possibly clash with my present red hair, I'll be Lisa Edelstein chocolate brown again one day.

Christian Slater's My Own Worst Enemy co-star, Saffron Burrows, is stunning. I love her face, which may be clouding my judgement of her dress, since I am bit iffy of the skirt, but I love the bustier.

My favourite part of Anne Hathaway's Azzaro dress were the detailing of the buttons in the back; the bead work at the neckline and waist are also intriguing, but I only want to show this one angle. I might also note that I had a white dress very similar that my mother had bought me randomly in the mid to late 90s, I believe it's still in my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails