Jan 13, 2009

New Workout Circuit

So in my ongoing pursuit of the perfect body (whatever that may be), I decided yesterday to change my workout and start logging in my calories once again. To log in my calories I went back to the trusty site Spark People, which I've depended on many times to help me get back on track with my eating. You can track your calorie, carbs, fat, & protein intake as well as adding on any additional trackers, mine is fiber,  I'm always aiming to get at least 25g of fiber a day to help me feel more satiated; it also has counters for water and fruits & vegetables, with the water aim being at 8 glasses daily naturally. I'm aiming for 3-5 servings of fruits & veggies daily, mostly choosing from those that are low on the glycemic index

SparkPeople.com also offers weight routines and a calorie output (via exercise) tracker, I prefer to come up with my own routines but using the calorie burned tracker is definitely motivating- My new workout choice came from the February 2009 issue of Shape Magazine, featuring Ashley Tisdale on the cover, and let me tell you.. it kicked my ass! 

The routine created by RoadFit founder, Eric Von Frohlich is supposed to burn more than 400 calories in only 30 minutes. The suggested plan pushes for 3 to 4 sets of an 8 move circuit... well I was ready to quit after 18 min of ONE SET! I have absolutely no idea how anyone would be able to finish 3 sets in 30 min, let alone 4. I pushed through and tried my best to finish a second circuit, altho I didn't complete all reps for each exercise, and may have even modified some of the moves for my (lowered?) fitness level, but I did it.

The routine follows a three days on, one day off schedule, which is why I chose it as my new routine. Today is a cardio only day, Ill probably add an extra 10min of abs, and tomorrow will be my second attempt at this strength routine, hopefully I won't feel as defeated as I did the first time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails