Jan 19, 2009

Painfully Sleepless

Insomnia sucks.  It's 5:30am, and sleep hasn't even come close to saving me. I've browsed Facebook more than one girl can handle, watched an episode of Jem & the Holograms, finished watching 27 Dresses (much better than I expected), watched the opening montage and "makeover" montage in The Devil Wears Prada, and listened to MGMT's entire album. I've now stripped down to nothing, since my clothing felt stiffling- and no this is not exactly Penthouse Forum material, although the present frustration I feel could definitely be compared to that of an unsatisfied woman (oh the burdens we bear), and I simply CAN NOT get comfortable! I only have two options left. Get up and do something... yoga perhaps? Or even move to another location..couch? Another bed? Or I can pick up my book. My new year's resolution of reading one book a month would benefit from the latter option, however the lamp next to my bed is mysteriously missing its bulb, besides when I was finally tired from reading I'd have to get up to turn the lamp off, since it's so tall, thus making that elusive knob beyond my reach.

Woe is me. Did I mention my back hurts from laying here for so long. I want to sleep. I want to wake up from a good night's sleep. Honestly, I'd be happy if I were waking up now, or within the next 4 hours (let's be honest here), but at this rate I'll be lucky if I'm awake by sunset. Clearly I have a lot on my mind, and am desperately missing my former nighttime ritual- Mr. Vegas is out on the town with his friends, in Vegas, and totally unavailable to talk to me until I fall asleep. If only I can recall what I depended on during that time he had made himself completely unavailable. 

I'm beginning to sound rather cryptic, aren't I? I'm sure delirium is not too far...

2 comments:

  1. wow. that's a big pile of suck if i've ever seen/smelt one. i'm sorry you're going through this (alone at that). well i guess it would have to be alone, because if we were there you wouldn't be having the problem. ghey.

    now that i got the drinks in with the friend folk, i'll be around for talks til sleep. love love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's definitely a HUGE pile of suck.
    Ps I believe it's "smelled"
    smelt= melting metal, or a kind of fish.

    And that's not entirely true, since there was that night I was not alone and sleep was hard to come by... ghey. ha. I like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails