Jan 13, 2009

66th Golden Globes Fashion

I didn't even realize the Golden Globes were on Sunday, till Mr Vegas and I walked in to it playing on TV after a day spent in Downtown Toronto- filled with canceled video shoots, leaving the Eaton Center empty handed, debating BCBG boots, 2 hour parking adventures, walking in the cold etc. We did end it on a plus meeting up with Toronto emcee JD Era and his girl later on for drinks. Both very good people, I was pleasantly relieved that his girl turned out to be easy going. Coming home to the Golden Globes was a nice little bonus. 

I never thought I'd see the day Colin Farrell got an award that wasn't of the MTV genre! A best actor nod at that for In Bruges a film I really know nothing about, but I'm now intrigued to see this hot little Irish lad act well *cough* Miami Vice, Daredevil *cough.*

Presenting the award was Sandra Bullock looking great in Dior,

I thought she looked great (along with most of the other white-wearers of the night), I formerly found Sandra Bullock to be overrated and incredibly boring with her clothing choices, but in recent years she's even made some rather daring fashion moves,

Especially with her turquoise clutch and those bracelets! I love them! (and have some very similar), apparently marrying a biker beefs up your fashion I.Q.

Eva Mendes was also clad in Dior

I do love the concept of this dress, and would probably appreciate it a lot more on someone else; It's old school glamour, and for the most part flattering on Ms Mendes, and although Eva has been dressing rather magnificently lately she still has a little more time to go before I believe she can pull this off. Her Van Cleef & Arpels turquoise and diamond necklace, however,

Looked fabulous on her. Both Sandra and Eva demonstrate how well turquoise compliments white.

I noticed that it was the night of both whites and champagne- or should I say nudes not to confuse a fashion choice with Mo√ęt, although I'm a fan of either! Chelsea Handler-looking Elizabeth Banks in J. Mendel,

Miley Cyrus in Marchesa,

looking her age again, wearing a style I once considered as the cut of my future wedding dress. 

And the "poor man's Angelina," 

Megan Fox looking possibly the least trashy Ive ever seen her in her Ralph Lauren gown. The photos of her do not do the dress justice, I thought it looked much better on screen. Sidenote: She looked notably pissed off when presenting with Terrance Howard, I wonder why, hopefully he didn't refer to her the same way I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails